Monday, June 6, 2011

Sleeping Boy

Frankie's so tired these days, from pulling up and getting down again. This evening, it seemed, all he wanted to do was crawl into my lap, and then back out of it...not that he couldn't make up his mind, just that was the activity.

As I've gone back to work, slowly, the mama milk situation is, well, slowing. The first time a fed him a bottle of formula at home, I felt like I was betraying something...suddenly a babysitter...no just another phase...suddenly a mama at work. I'm still adjusting, cursing the constant change and enjoying the way he sometimes crashes in my arms, slowly blinking to sleep, staring at me in between long blinks, in a different way.

He screeches now, when he's upset. He stretches his arms and rolls his wrists when he is thrilled. Yesterday we went to a barbeque at a new friends house. I loved watching him make friends...he's really amazing at it. These are some of the people he likes, I thought as he patted a beard and tasted quinoa...and me too, despite the missing of the deep and old friends, there is some space for new ones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment