Sunday, November 7, 2010

Frankie's first week

Cozy with his Auntie Marianne... This gown is much tighter on him now...(at 6 weeks)...but still fits...even though his feet dangle out the end...

The series below attempts to capture the cycle of those first days...sleep, yawn, nurse, immediately followed by deep sleep...





Missing here from these first-week photos should be several shots: Catherine bouncing Frankie on a yoga ball while and patting out a rhythm, her magic soothing trick...and Marianne singing "You are my sunshine" in her pregnant belly body, while tearing up...and the last of his underwater-skin peeling away...and the way his face looked like a tiny glowing moon at night, when I was unable to sleep...when I just needed to look at him some more...

2 comments:

  1. I was singing him Gracie's songs...and he liked them! Also...It's a Sunshine Day...You're Never Dressed Without A Smile...Tomorrow...of course none of them were on key...but that's just Auntie Marianne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures and the video! Crazy that I've already forgotten about the little squeaks and coos. It goes so fast! Enjoy every second. I can't wait to meet him. And his cousins can't wait to meet him, too!

    ReplyDelete